Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Thirst.



It took me several days adjusting to the new changes in our lives. Having him hovering 24/7 around us has been challenging. I wonder what the Woods did when they found out.

Noah loved this trip; we embarked upon a tented camp walking safari around the Kruger National Park. There can be no better way to experience nature than allowing yourself to leave footprints in the wild as you searched for the wildlife that lives there. He played with Lions, tigers and elephants. He told me that he wanted to be a Veterinarian when he grows up. Mason was there and looked at me with a smile, he´s so protective with us. I have lowered my guard a little but I still keep my eyes open, is really difficult to assimilate that he´s looking out for us now instead of against.

We closed all the details for the Medical Outreach planned for January. I had all the data we needed for the Gala and we were ready to return.

The Gala is our next big thing, since we need all the resources to buy equipment and medications along with all the expenses to develop the area will be visiting: Bujumbura, Burundi. We went with the crew to assess the area where we would work and located the place we would stay. It’s a big house located about six hundred meters above the town with a magnificent view, the locals call it “Good Life” and from that view life seems perfect, calmer and at peace. Everything is ready for our work there we only need to touched willing hearts for us to find the money.

I arrived home early in the evening, there were no signs of Christopher. We talked several times through Skype, he apologized every single time. Things seemed to be normal between us but I was out for a month and we both seemed distanced. I walked into an empty house that one month ago was full of color and the joy of a circus. The house where I’ve been happy in my bubble away from the complications I tried to run from but followed me to my door footsteps. Things will never be the same, I know now and I knew then.
I took Mason to his room, the house was big enough for both of us, and he would be staying in the first floor in the left wing with his own kitchen, office and bedroom. I insisted to prepare dinner to the four of us, he didn’t say no as he usually did in Africa and for some reason my mom smiled about it but my curiosity was interrupted by a call from the main gate.

-Mrs. Carpenter, there’s a Mr. Woods to see you ma’am.-Ruben said.

I looked at Mason and he approved. This was part of the drill back in Africa, I had to consult with him everything for him to give his approval in terms of security. We discussed that when time would come for me to talk to Edward I had to try the civilized way first since he was nothing like his dad.
-Let him in please. - I replied.

After a few minutes the bell rang. Mason opens the door.

-Good evening Mason, may I come in? - He sounded polite.

He was directed to the living room.

-What can we do for you Edward? Shouldn’t you be with your wife back in England?- I asked.

-No, I’m right where I should be. Can we have a normal conversation, please?

-Ok.

-I know things got out of hand but I’m just not going to sit and wait. I lost my family once and I just can’t handle that again.-he seemed troubled.

-We’re both married and I don’t want my son near Senior. - I was clear.

-First of all, I’m no longer married. Second, I don’t want Senior near our son either.-he finished me.

-Wait, you’re not?-I was shocked.

- No, I’m not and if me not requesting custody as Noah’s father would keep Senior away I will not do that either.- he said.

-I honestly don’t know what to say to all this.- I was standing up the entire time but now I was sitting.

-Say that you choose me. That we can start a family together this time. That this is the chance life is giving us to make things right. Please say yes to us. – He was appealing my heart.

-I can’t say those things Edward. Even when I want to. We’re different; we’re not the same people we used to be. You don’t know me and I don’t have a clue of who you are.- I was brutally honest.

-Look at me Edith, look closer. Yes, we changed because nothing stays the same but what we felt was not touched neither by time nor the future. I didn’t stopped loving you and that didn’t change for me. Did you?- he finished me.

-No but my love for you changed when I had Noah. You gave me something that I would never share with anyone but things changed. I learned how to live without you, I overcome all the pain of being away from you and what I felt for you feels like it faded away. I’m no longer the Edith Willes you knew Edward and who I am now doesn’t fit in your world. I will ask Mason to see you out, good bye.- I was finished.

He stood there. Looking at me. I looked back holding my ground. He started walking my way. He wouldn’t stop looking with those penetrating blue eyes like he was on fire. Suddenly the impulse was unexpected and reciprocated. He kissed me in a way I have never being kiss before him nor after him. He held my face and claimed with his tongue a decade of suppressed feeling. Feeling I decided to hide because I could only let them out with him. I returned each kiss back, there was a force in me stronger than my defense mechanism, an electricity hitting my stomach up and down forcing me to fly and touch earth, there was an untamed urge that was telling me I needed to take my clothes off and let him possess all of me.

-Come.- I said letting my instinct take me to the end without restrictions.

I took him to the first guests’ room closest to the stairs, the way we were we couldn’t get any further. He undressed me next to the door as we closed it, he slowly pulls all the way up my cardigan dress letting my white transparent lace for him to admire and he did. I walked towards him and kneeled to let him loose so we could both enjoy ourselves. I put my mouth covering him and started my sweet torture talk using my tongue and my throat, he goes insane. I was responsible for that face, he was totally at the mercy of my mouth and he let me take him to a pleasurable journey. As I kiss him there my body was also burning in and out, I could feel something liquid running to let the world know I was ready and as he could read my mind, in a second, I was gently placed in the bed.

-Edith, I’m not going to make love to you.

- No, you’re not.

You can’t call this love making, yes there was love involved but there wasn’t nothing mechanical as making in this room. Simply two bodies which each souls were thirsty for a long time.

 A very long and dry decade.






Edith.


TO BE CONTINUE


No comments:

Post a Comment