Friday, May 08, 2015

Senior won´t wait



If they think that I would stay calm until they tell me their version of their story, they are wrong. My jet will land on time for supper. I need to know if that boy is my grandson and if he is I have every intention of recognizing him but I know will find resistance. She will be guarding like a hawk, she won´t let me through without a fight and I shall give her one.

Mason´s face when he picked me up at the airport wasn´t approving but who cares.

-          Senior, they´re not here. The boy accompanied the mother to a trip in Africa.-He stopped me.

-          You´re lying. - I said.

-          I´m not. They just boarded, I took them to the airport. Edith fought with Edward but I drove them safely to their destination.-He seemed worried.

-          So, is true. He´s my grandson?-I demanded.

-          Apparently but no DNA tests were performed.-He said.

-          Do you think we need one?

-          For emotional confirmation? No. Are you planning for Edward to share custody?  Then just to complete paper work, Yes. Bottom line, Noah Carpenter is your grandson.

I sat down in one of the chairs in the VIP lounge. All this years, I was blaming that girl for risking a catastrophe in our family. She never told us nor claims her son´s rights.

-          I´m a terrible person, right?- I asked

-          Yes, you´re. - He answered without hesitation.

-          Where is Ruth? - I asked begging for the mercy I never deserved.

-          Senior, no! You will not do that.-He was mad.

-          Mason, my life is not for you to control. If I want to see Ruth I will. - I was clear as glass.

-          No you won´t, she´s with Edith. Senior, after all the years I´ve been with you  it doesn´t bring one good memory of you making things right. I thought you were a good man. What the fuck happened to you?

He looks at me and tells all of that without hesitation. When would I stop?

-          Nothing happened to me. You know I need to protect my family’s legacy, I wasn´t taught anything else.

-          Why do you need to be so cruel? You hurt Ruth; you damaged Edith and your own son, now you want to go for Noah. Let this go.

-          I can´t. That child is my only chance to make everything right. - I started looking at the floor.

-          I don´t believe you. - He called my bluff.

-          Take me to see Edward now. I want to verify if that boy is part of my family.-I demanded.

-          Find him yourself.-He walked out not looking back.

I pissed him off but he will come around. He always does, so let me find my car to get to my hotel and then off to see my beloved son.







Allan Reginald Woods III.





TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment