Monday, May 18, 2015

Disaster



If anyone would have told me that I was capable of ruin and fixing my life in the same day I would have laugh and said that they are crazy.

I woke up between the soft covers of the bed and feeling a warm embrace holding me tight unwilling to let me go.  I turned and I see him sleeping peacefully with a serene expression on his face and a slow breathing. The sun is touching the window too bright and I just can´t believe that we fell sleep together for more than ten hours. I don´t remember the last time I slept so long, I don´t remember the last time that I felt so complete like I finally found my right place. The right place is between his arms under these covers, the place where I fully exist and I feel my life has sense. His arms are good like that.

As I´m meditating and looking at the sealing, he moves and tickles me in the stomach.

-What are you thinking?- He asks and I turn to see his face.

-We are crazy Edward! – That´s all I could explain.

- Only for each other- He smiles with ten thousand stars illuminating my heart.

- We need to talk to Noah and I would like for us to do it together. Would you go with me to pick him up at school?- I felt like I was fifteen and I was on my first date.

-Really?  Yes, of course we´ll go together- He said.

Then I heard how the world collapsed;

-Ruth where´s my wife? What is Mason doing here? Is Edward here? Edith!!

I run to find some clothes and asked Edward to stay. I go downstairs and find him in a very agitated state.

-Christopher, calm down.  You know that Mason is our head of security. Please calm down. - I said I was heading downstairs.

He looked at my clothes noticing I was in my evening gown and just as I blinked to try to explain I felt the hard slap that knocked me down. It was so hard that I felt the tears coming out but the rage running in my veins wouldn´t let me give him the pleasure. By the time I was going to react Mason was holding him and forcing him to the ground.

-Edith, are you ok? - Mason asked.

Mom was screaming like crazy and called Ruben. In less than 10 minutes a Police patrol was heading home. Mason asked me to go upstairs and change translations: go and don´t let Edward come downstairs. My face was burning and throbbing faster, the headache was getting worse and I couldn´t open my mouth too wide. When I arrived to the guest room, Edward was sitting trying to contain himself.

-Just tell me if he didn´t hit you?- He was looking to the floor with his hands closed attached to the bed.

-If you go downstairs, things will be worse and he could try to take Noah from me. Please let Mason handle this.

-No! That piece of shit dare to raise his hand on you, I just can´t sit here and let  him do that even if he thinks he has the right we should never hit a woman- he was exploding.

- Edward breathe, this will be over soon. Let me change and go downstairs to talk to the police.

He went to the bathroom and locked the door.

When I went downstairs, Mason was talking to the officers.

-We apologize for the inconvenience officer; my boss accidentally tripped and fell. We took things out of proportion and called you guys, right Mr. Carpenter? - Mason looked at Christopher and he agreed with his statement.

-Well, it seems that everything is in order and our work here is done. Mrs. Carpenter, do you have anything to declare? - One of them asked me.

-No, officer my husband is fine. We apologized for all the trouble. - I was still, trying not to show the side of my face that was all red on its way to becoming purple.

They left and Mason asked both of us to step into the studio. I was confused with all the recent events.

-As we discussed Christopher, there´s no need to involve the authorities. You can see here that you have everything to lose if Edith submits a domestic violence case against you. You will sign the divorce papers and you will not request Noah´s custody but Edith will grant you visitation. Every document here specifies that she will keep all assets obtained while married and she agrees not to touch your precious clinic and all the earnings because let´s be honest she doesn´t need it. Edith you have no business being married to this man and as your advisor this is better to be finished in good terms. Christopher, this is as good as it gets for you. Do you agree? - Mason took care of it with an objective reasoning because my head was still locked in the moment Christopher hit me.

- I don´t agree but you´re not leaving me any choice, right?

-Exactly.-Mason finished

-Edith…- he tried to talk to me.

-Take the deal Christopher so it wouldn´t be worse on you. - I couldn´t look at him

- You slept with him in our own house, how do you think that makes me feel?  I just reacted because I was hurt. - He had to say it.

- You don´t have the right!!!! I could have slept with one thousand men and that doesn´t give you the right to lay a finger on me. Sign the papers and get out of my life,  I was fooled and you made me believe that you were the right choice. It´s clear that following my instinct was the correct path. - I spit.

- Fine, I will sign the damn papers.- he said while taking a  pen and placing his signature in all the sheets Mason will showed  him.

-Mason, see him out. - I said while slamming the door.






Edith Carpenter no more.






TO BE CONTINUE


No comments:

Post a Comment