Thursday, May 14, 2015

Parenthesis.








Finding myself surprised at my age is something I never thought it would happen to me. I´m not used to people being kind to me. I’m usually the invisible force protecting others even from themselves, I´m never the center of neither attention nor have time to smile as often as I want.

She has been making me feel different and for the first time special. This was unexpected. Is there an age for love, for feelings, for new opportunities? Is there a clock that prevents us from chasing our dreams when the hair is gray and the years mark our face?  But I don´t feel old, I feel like me. Do I have the right to give myself the opportunity of dreaming with hazel eyes and soft hands? Am I someone that can be courageous enough to think I can conquer Ruth Willes?

Three weeks have passed since we´ve been here.

That night when I arrived and talked to Edith about my intentions Ruth started treating me different. Good different. I love our every night walk after everyone is sleeping and it´s just the two of us. She has told me about her life before her husband and how they were very happy. Of course we talked about Senior and how that part of her life is in the past. She smiles at me and makes me blush. Imaging blushing at sixty four, she makes me feel like I´m twenty again and it has been a long time since I’ve been with a woman.

Last night we hold hands on our way to the port in Table Bay and I thought I was holding a piece of heaven, like this would be the closest I would be of paradise. I ask again, is this normal at our age? I feel strangely good. I wonder if Edith would approve but Ruth told me that we´re adult and old enough to know that all that matters is us and what we want. I´m giving in too fast but then again at our age time is precious and everything needs to find meaning fast since time is something that doesn´t play in our favor.

This makes me understand that no matter how long love takes to knock at our doors, he´s always welcome. No matter when he will always take our breath away making us feel we´re capable of the impossible. That´s how I feel right now and I intend to spend the rest of my life exploring this feeling.

With the days passing and time hitting our bodies making our moves slower, our hair a progressing snow storm,  our face into a map of life where each line represents joy or sorrow, our laughter more meaningful, our presence sometimes not necessary , our chest heavy with history and our hands full of things that may vanish in a glimpse. Time may do all of that but there´s always a reason that makes it all worth it. Love and it´s purity.




Surprised Manson Windstock.





TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment