Thursday, May 21, 2015

Two faced




I arrived a little late to the Gala on purpose because I didn´t want her to see me. I saw her walking to the stage and heard some of the men around me talking.

-          Edith Willes is single again! Who would be the lucky one?

I´ll be the lucky one gentleman!

I heard the Master of ceremony introduce each bachelorette until the object of my attention was the one to be auctioned next. I have to win her back and I will play the game for as long as I can but apparently I wasn´t the only one. I dwelled with another man for as long as my pocket could handle and then he crashed my dreams.

-          I will give one million dollars to the foundation to dance with that beautiful woman. –

And just like that I had lost her again.

When I finally saw who I was competing with I knew I didn´t stand a chance, once again Edward Woods is in my way.

-          Christopher, it would be wise if you would let this go once and for all. - My thoughts were interrupted by Mason.

-          Would I be worth of her if I would? - I replied looking at him because there was no way he would make a public scene.

-          You were at a certain point but then you showed your true colors. Do you think that just because she never found out that you had several affairs you have the right to call yourself the victim here?- I  was shocked on his questioning but  he continued.- Yes, I know all about it, as  a matter of fact, I know that you´re involved with your secretary right now. I know about your singular tastes and all your depravation plus all your debts and gambling, you don´t have the foundation to back  you up and give you the lifestyle you´re accustom to and that´s what´s killing you not that you love Edith but what she gave you. This is all about money, that´s what drives you, so don´t stand here as the soul broken husband betrayed by your wife. If you even try to discredit her I will turn this around and you´ll be the one with the big problem. It´s my job to protect her and Noah and something about you made me dig a little deeper. You´re quiet a piece of human being. So, I suggest you stop whatever you´re trying to initiate against them, you won´t win and I will make sure you lose everything. Take this a warning, next time I won´t be so condescending. Ruben, will see you out.- he said while extending his hand and directing me to Ruben, then I saw them dancing together like if the world was a happy place and rage took my eyes.

Mason did his homework, now it was time to do mine. I don´t give a fuck if I lose everything as long as I see them fall and suffer the way I am.    




Christopher Carpenter.



TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment