Monday, May 04, 2015

British and American




Today I woke up but my body is troubled to respond my commands. This is one of the major signs of my life coming to an end or an accelerating pace to aging and then dying. Since Gretchen´s passing I´ve decided to stay alone because there´s no point to find another mate, plus my children want nothing to do with me except to sign their alimony checks, imagine if I tell them that I would find another wife. I hoped I had time to catch up with them and try to have a relationship but let´s be honest I have done nothing but to fucked up their lives. I hoped that I was going to avoid making the mistakes my father did with me but it resulted exactly in the same. The Woods live for the preservation of their status and name. I haven’t helped at all and yes I feel I have failed as a father.

Deborah returned alone from their Connecticut trip giving me the big news about the doctor and the treatments for them to have kids. I know I also have been hard on her but we need her to have children, a boy to be exact.

She told me that she reunited with a high school friend and his family and that they all went to have dinner.

-          Senior, you would love their son Noah, such proper boy. I almost thought he was British. His mom has done a wonderful job raising him.

-          That´s a shock, an American following our roots. - I replied.

-          Oh no she isn´t American, she was born in England but her parent had her travelling mostly to America and now she directs her own charity foundation, she´s also a Doctor. Look here she is.-

She showed me the picture and I almost burned my chest with the Earl Gray tea. For heaven´s sakes. How was this possible?           

-          Look, next to Edward you can see Noah. Isn´t he cute? - She said.

-          How old is he? - I asked with my eyes fixated on the similarities between Noah and Edward.

-          He´s Ten. My Friend Christopher adopted him when he was one year old. I wonder where would his father is? I can´t imagine how can someone disappear like that from their children´s life.

She continued talking for what it seemed like an Eternity, I just couldn´t stop looking at the picture on her phone.  I left the room and made a phone call of my own.

-          Mason, why did you guys stayed?

-          Edward had another business meeting and other items pending on his agenda Sir.

-          Items pending, uh? Interesting… that´s not what Deborah´s picture showed me…


Mason took a deep breath and let it out into the phone so I could hear it.


-          Senior, let me do my recon and I will give you all details when I get back. Nothing is confirmed yet. Don´t do anything you will regret because if this is what we both think it is and you do another crazy move you will regret it big time.  Do we understand each other?

-          Yes, Mason. We do but I just hope that the next time you lie to me you would be aware of the consequences.

-          If I have to lie to you in order to save you from your own madness I will.

In the end, this man was always right about me and that´s the reason why he still works with me after all these years. In the other hand, if Edith´s child was my grandson, life as I knew it would change forever.


-Damn you, Edith Willes.







Allan Reginald Woods III.





TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment