Monday, May 25, 2015

Reasoning




Everyone always asks me why he´s called the Black Prince. England is a wonderful place to keep some ancient stories alive for centuries and even after all the time passes we always end up living the same stories over and over again. Don´t get me wrong, there´s no place like our sweet United Kingdom in the entire world and let´s face it we have the best fairytales in the planet but no one talks about the suffering behind them nor at what cost everyone keeps their beautiful smile rather than to cry for the losses. The Woods have been part of this circle for a long time. My family have served them since the days when slavery was a big dark age in our society, so is safe to say that I have seen it all but I´ll be honest, I’ve  never imagine that Senior could overcome all of his ancestors and would try to harm his own blood.


Edward is trying hard to break paradigms, after that meeting with the shrink to tell Noah that he´s his father I began to truly admire his courage of going against what we were taught: Be cold, don´t express your feelings, don´t be emotional, suppress any overwhelming happiness, let the help handle the children, never accept nothing less than perfection. Here was Edward Woods aiming for simplicity and a normal life as if he was a  regular mortal, as if he was part of earth when he was taught otherwise. I must say is Me, who is learning from his audacity and his free spirit ways. I´m learning that being old doesn´t prevent me from changing, from starting over, from having dreams, from smiling for no reason, from feeling my life is renewed by love. Ruth has been a true gift from Someone I thought was dead or just simply decided to ignore me but it turns out He was saving it for the best moment of my life and I would defend this with my teeth until there is no strength in me to fight no more.


Christopher Carpenter has been searching ways on how to harm my new family and I must say that he has devious connections to obtain what he wants. We´ve were monitoring him every day since that night conversation at the Gala. My contacts provided me with historic gambling activities and all his misspends with the foundation money utilizing Noah´s trust fund to cover his tracks. Yet his trying to harm his ex wife and stepson, just because he got cut off. I won´t allow it, not in my watch. I made a phone call to the IRS and the New York times, they would be interested in knowing about his criminal activity and all the damage he tried to do to such noble cause and his own family. Just like that, with a little spark and entire enchanted forest goes melting down until is all over, but Senior had to get involve to complicate my life.


-          Hi, Mason.

-          Allan, what do you think you´re doing? –I demanded.

-          I´m just calling to say hi and to talk to my son, there´s some things we need to review before he goes crazy and do something that will prejudice him.

-          You are unbelievable, I just can´t understand you. Do you think that we don´t know what you’re doing with Edith’s ex-husband?? Senior, walk out of this now before you regret it. You still have a chance to make this right and be part of their lives. You just need to lower your guard and Edward will lower his. Why can´t you yield for once? Things changed, your son and his family renewed the entire concept of what the Woods were or could be. Your grandson, your ONLY grandson is an amazing boy that you would want to meet and have a relationship with. Can´t you see all of that, Allan? Please stop now and don´t force me to follow you to hell.


He stayed quiet. I could only hear him breathing and I knew what that meant. The phone was disconnected.





Mason Windstock

TO BE CONTINUE




No comments:

Post a Comment