Monday, May 11, 2015

South Africa





At this point, I´m no longer interested in keeping Senior safe; my lifetime purpose was to dedicate myself to the Woods as my family has for the last 4 generations. I´m fed up, I feel I’ve been guarding and protecting the wrong person. My father always told me to never get involved in the Woods affair so I could keep my sanity. I definitely understand this now. Noah is just a boy. I can´t let Senior damage his life too. I just can´t.

I bought a plane ticket, I have my bags packed. My cell phone hasn´t stop ringing. Edward has left me tons of messages. I just don´t have neither the patience nor the stomach for this anymore. I will protect the people who actually need me. I know where she is, I know how to get there. It´s just matter of time. In time I will be there for them for as long as they´ll have me.

The free encyclopedia states that Africa is the world's second-largest and second-most-populous continent. In this country, Edith Willes decides to lose herself and follow her heart through the Richard Willes Foundation. I´ve been reading about their history and background while in the plane, Richard Willes was a philanthropic entrepreneur that dreamed to establish in Cape Town South Africa with his wife Ruth Willles and Daughter Edith. He traveled several times to Africa throughout the year and established a School, a health care center and a clean water supply post. After his passing, his daughter and wife carried on until the foundation grew and was formally established in Connecticut.

Every year Edith travels to their Cape Town post to assess the needs, which town would they concentrate on, what would be the expenses, she visits the tribes, get to know their leaders. She is really detail oriented and this is the reason why they always meet their targets and receive over two million dollars benefits on their yearly fund raiser gala. I had to know what was I dealing with and understand why this was so important to her. This is the type of mother Noah deserves and I would fight to protect him so he could grow in this environment rather than the one Senior wants for him.

I just arrived to Cape Town, according to my research I came in the middle of winter: “Cape Town has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate with mild, moderately wet winters and dry, warm or hot summers. Winter, which lasts from the beginning of June to the end of August, may see large cold fronts entering for limited periods from the Atlantic Ocean with significant  precipitation and strong north-westerly winds.” I came prepare with regular England winter clothes since this town is close to the coast and won´t be as bad as I know it could get. It´s a really nice view from the plane, Table Mountain to my left and the huge City Bowl in front of me. I understand why she loves it here.

Edith´s staying at The Andros, and her team rented the entire hotel for their stay. They will remain here for one whole month for their medical Outreach preparation and then hit back home for the Gala to obtain the resources for the event.

I need to explain why I´m here and hope for her to accept what I came to offer.

-          Before you closed the door in my face, please hear what I came to say. No one has sent me, I´m here because I want to. - I stopped the door from closing.

She hesitated but once looking at me she decided to let me in. Noah was reading some books and didn´t notice I was there.

-          Fine. What is it? - She was eager to know.

-          I owed you an answer from our first conversation ten years ago.-I replied.

-          There´s no need any more Mason.-she was direct.

-          I know but the things have changed for me since I knew about Noah existence. Senior arrived 2 days ago in Connecticut to find him but you were on your way here. He will do everything in his power to get custody for Edward and Noah´s life as you know it will become another Wood´s sad story of survival in their own jungle. I´ve seen what you had to sacrifice to give this child a chance of a normal fulfilling life. I´m here to help you and this time I´m going to protect both of you. Please let me.

She looked at me in disbelieve and with wary eyes, she seemed not comfortable with my proposal.

-          You have been loyal to that family for decades, how do you expect me to believe one word you would say to me.-She had every right not to.

-          Yes, you´re right about my loyalty but you also you know how to call bullshit when you see one. Just as you did with Senior the day you agreed to leave. Look at me and tell me if you think I´m lying to you? - I wanted her to see.

She stood there looking at me while in silence assessing my body language.

-          Alright Mason, I accept your offer. I´m worried about Noah, especially after the argument we had back home and now after you told me that Senior wants to be in his life.-She replied.

-          I won´t let him near him but I also need you trust me, because in order to make Senior back off we need o play as he plays.- I had to let her know about my intentions.

-          I understand but I also want to keep Noah safe and avoid any complications. You know what he´s capable of. - She said.

-          Because I know what he can do, you need to trust me. Once Senior is in the picture, everything WILL get complicated. Do you understand? - I asked.

-          Yes. - She replied.

-          Do you think that you can trust me? - I had to ask.

She was hesitant.

-          Yes, Mason. I can try but if you double cross me, you will regret the day you were born. This is my son who is at risk and for him I´m capable of everything. Do you understand THAT?

-          Yes, I do and I don´t expect anything less from you. So, should we get started? - I asked.-Oh one more thing Edith.

-          Yes? - She looked confused.

-          The price for my services is totally irrefutable and we will not discuss this beyond today. Are we clear?-I said.

-          I don´t care how much it will cost me. - She replied.

-          Good, because it will not cost you anything and now I have your word that we´ll keep it that way. - Just like that I sealed the deal.

She laughed and then we proceeded to discuss the details of this trip, in terms of security I needed to know everything. Edith introduced me to Noah and her staff as the new head of security for the foundation and then I was shown the room I would be staying. Senior would have a heart attack when he finds out and just the thought of it made me smile. He was finally going to get what he deserves.

I reviewed with Edith several documents we needed to start processing to prepare for Senior´s lawyers invasion. She also involved one of the Staff lawyers that were with us at the time. Senior will not win this, even if it has to be the last thing I will ever do to set things right. Noah Carpenter will not enter their world and that´s my new life purpose.






Mason Windstock, Head of Security of the Richard Willes Foundation.


TO BE CONTINUE


No comments:

Post a Comment