Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Back to my life.


I just can´t believe all of this bloody shite!

She abandoned me ten years ago, I finally find her and discovered I have a son then she kicked me out of her house? This woman drives me insane. Now I have to wait an entire month away from her until I can see them again. This is just frustrating.

Mason doesn´t pick up the phone, I told him to take them safely to the airport but I haven´t heard from him. Is it me, or the entire world is against me?

I´m getting ready for supper at the hotel, I´ve been running the business from here because there´s no way I will leave without my real family. Deborah has been calling me every hour or so to find out when I´m going back. She has left lots of messages but I just don´t have the stomach for it.

 Then, just when I thought life was complicated enough someone sits with me at my table.

-Hello, son. Right on time to join you for supper.-He was sarcastic.

-What bloody hell are you doing here father? Bugger off you Twonk. - I was annoyed.

-Calm down son. I´m just here to look out for our best interest. Let’s eat and discuss DNA testing afterwards.-He went for the kill.

-Senior, you stay away from MY son and Edith. Do you understand? - I was threatening him.

-What would you do exactly if not what I tell you to? Uh? Tell me you peace of shite. That child would be the heir of our family since that wife of yours is as useful as tits on a bull and she can´t bear children. You sit the fuck down, and have dinner with your father so you won´t end up penniless in the streets.

-Listen to me you sack of wine, listen carefully. You will not come near that child even if it´s the last thing I´ll ever do. You can´t take shit from me, you´re too old to regain the board or make them support you and remember that I assumed all the capitals of the family when you retired. You´re the one that is penniless and at my mercy so fuck off and leave us alone.

-Oh my dear stupid son, you´re forgetting that you need a male heir to fully obtain all the assets of the family. And if you don´t then it all goes back to me.  Fuck me sideways! Aren´t your ancestors a pain in the bum. - He laughs out loud and clear.

- Senior, you forgot that all of the new profitable companies that are actually making us rich where founded by me and are under Mason´s name until I decide. You won´t leave me without money and if I pull out and separate from your fucking ancestors legacy you will be bankrupt. How about that old man, who´s the stupid one now arsehole? - Victory was sketched in my face.

He stood up and was leaving.

-Oh, and by the way. Going back and telling Deborah won´t make you no good either. Don´t forget about the Prenup and since we haven´t got any kids you will be responsible to reattribute her for the losses. - That would be enough to keep him busy until he finds another way to attack. I was ready for round two so let´s see how round three goes.

He left not before looking at me with disdain and threaten to come back.





I went back to my room with a sense of winning a lifetime war with Senior but that happy moment was brief since I had one more thing pending. It was time to call Deborah.


-Darling, are you ok? I have left you thousands of messages. - She seemed worried.

-Deborah, I asked Jane to book you in the next flight. Can you come? - I asked.

-Of course. See you soon.


I went to bed to rest and to prepare for the tsunami. Called the lawyers to get everything ready for my divorce. I wasn´t going to stay in the façade that my father wanted. I have wasted ten years of my life pretending and I just don´t want this anymore. With this thought I drove to a deep sleep and woke up in the morning renewed. I received Deborah in the room and discussed the arrangement.

-          What a long flight, I’m exhausted. - She said putting all the things in the table and saying hi to me with a kiss in the cheeks. Always in the cheeks.

-          Deborah, we need to talk. - I asked her to sit.

I told her the entire story from beginning to end. She stayed calm and let me finish.

-          Deborah, I just don´t want us to waste our lives anymore. You never loved me neither did I. We have arrange all the necessary things for you to live accommodated but I no longer wish to stay married with you. I need to reunite with my family.  It was never my intention to hurt you but this business transaction can´t continue.

For a decade I never seen hope in her face, like I took a big burden off her shoulders.

-          I see. Well, I never thought I would me more relieved. I can finally open up and live my life as I was intended to. Edward you were a good husband to me even when we both knew our arranged marriage was a mistake. I could´ve never been happy with you because I don´t like men. I´m a lesbian. So, where do I sign? - She looked relieved while I was shocked.

I called Jane and instructed her with all the details and the lawyers would meet with Deborah when she would return home.

-          I wish you best of luck; we both deserve to be happy. -  she said. We hugged and just like that Deborah was out of my life.

I wished her well and we said our goodbyes.

The phone rang to bring more news.

-Hi Mason, where you´ve been? What do you mean in your new job? Stop playing. You´re in Africa, doing what? What bloody hell are you talking about? ... I see. Ok, I will see you when you return. Can I call you to this number to check on Edith and Noah? What do you mean about security breach in your current contract? This is ridiculous, it´s me you´re talking. Hello? Hello? Mason?




And just like that I lost my head of security.







Edward Woods.

TO BE CONTINUE



No comments:

Post a Comment