Friday, February 20, 2015

The watcher


People call him the Black Prince, I have always wondered why. Edith knows this, she knows everything that is to know about him, she has sat with her friends and listened to Mr. Woods’s gossips and dark secrets. Why is she interested?   I know she´s smart, I have heard about her too, She´s constantly traveling and nobody has seen her with another man. Some say she´s a lesbian others say she´s frigid. 

People and gossip, the web they like to grow but once it reaches them life is unfair.The things I need to listen in each party, walk to the park, shopping for items and accompany him in meetings.

I see that he´s bored, he´s not interested in building an empire like his family, I have seen him contemplating the simple lives of the less fortunate. I have seen him longing ¨normal¨ as if normal would bring him happiness. This meeting dulls him; I can tell he wants the day to be over just to see her again. That´s what she represents, his journey to ¨normal¨.

This afternoon we stopped a different store, wait… This isn´t a store, this is a library. I was more shocked than the driver. He went to the mission´s section, lots of books about hunger and medical needs in Africa. Does Mr. Woods wants to feed the hunger? Since when he´s interested in this. He gets several UNICEF pamphlets and walks out the building with a grin. He´s planning something, something that will dazzle Edith until she doesn´t have any other option than  to succumb to his charm. 

His art is a perfectionate science where multiple sacrifices had being made and I had to clean several messes, this will not end up good for her. Usually it never did to the others and he seemed well kept but then again Edith doesn´t seem like the others so this could end badly for both. The sad part is I will have to keep my distance until I´m called in  to pick up the pieces and clean. This is something I definitely don´t like to neither do nor enjoy but that´s what I get pay for and my job is to keep him secure.

Dinner was quiet at the house or should I say the castle, who am I kidding, this isn´t a house. I live in a house and my house is just a couple of feet away from here, this is a castle and all his life Edward have lived here and doesn´t know anything besides this castle and my house.  Senior has instructed me to keep him away from the nearby houses to avoid any complications and yesterday I failed to fulfill that promise, I let him walk alone and ride towards Edith, I know I will have to pay for this mistake but seeing him so carefree and  reaching ¨normal¨ it was worth it. As usual we talk before he goes to bed:

-What do you think?- Our conversations always start with this question.

-You know that I don´t like to interfere.- I reply softly.

-I know you don´t like it but in the end you always do.-He sets the record straight.

-I saw you searching for Missions and Africa info? You´re  searching about her in the browser, don´t be mad but I get paid to know all of this. You´re to be married with Deborah in less than 2 months, that won´t change it´s a sealed deal and it won´t be broken. Senior won´t allow it and I won´t be able to protect neither you nor her of the disaster. She has a fulfilling life in her work and contrary to what people say about her sexuality I honestly think she liked you. What I don´t know if she´s willing to be scattered just to experience those feelings with you but by the look on her face it seemed that she might so be careful, this one is different from the others. She has a brain and a great heart.

-Brutal as usual.-He said smiling.

-You won´t change your mind about seeing her tomorrow, right?- I asked with hope.

He looked down and then to the right outside of my house window and smiled. There I saw it, He was going after ¨Normal¨ and no one was going to  stop him from trying not even me that implore him so I wouldn´t have to clean any more consequences but I was totally blind for not understanding what this encounter meant to them. Only after all this years and all what has happened I can see it clearly.

Love is worth fighting for even  when  people think that it´s too risky.



TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment