Friday, February 20, 2015

Edward Woods finds ground



I can´t believe that I just had my life shaken by a normal country girl and her ways of spitting the truth without hesitation. What a magnificent creature, why I get to meet her now? I´m one month away from my arranged wedding , this is another confirmation that I shouldn´t be married.

I don´t understand my parents and their wish to maintain the status and the family name within the power society they have always lived up to but why do they think they can choose for me? What´s worse, how was I so blind to agree to it when I don´t even neither know nor love this person I will married? I was clear to my parents that this arranged marriage wouldn´t stop me from living my life and being with which ever I wanted to and that girl should be aware of it. That sounds so cynical, how can we play with such thing to our convenience? What about the lives that would be affected? What about the lives that would die in the process of this painful decision?

Then I meet Edith and can see her soul through her eyes, I need to know more about her. I need that kind of purity in my life to purge all the bullshit I’ve been exposed my entire life; but how can I do this without hurting her, without being selfish and forcing her to live with my burden?  At least I can have her as a friend but this isn´t what I want. I want her.

Tomorrow I will hold her hand again; they were so soft and inviting. What would we talk about? I wish not about the gossips of my relationship with Deborah, which is nonexistent. Our families are rich and have being related for the past 7 generations, which makes her a perfect match for me according to Richard, I mean my dad.

There´s something about her.I´m curious. I open my computer and search her name: Edith Willes, England. I’m expecting that the browser won´t get me neither far nor too many results but I´m surprised. She´s everywhere. She´s a doctor. She´s not British, this can definitely complicate things. Normally spends her summers in USA and the rest of the year travels to different locations for missions across the world. Has a family house in England and France but apparently her life is traveling. She isn´t predictable, I like this. So, how does she know about me?

I have to go to that boring meeting now and I can´t continue with my search, which has left me thirstier than before. Another boring day at the office that I wish it will pass fast so I can see her tomorrow. I wonder what´s she´s doing now.


TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment