Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Disbelieve.




Africa. Who would’ve thought I could be in this paradise with the love of my life?

After all we’ve been through I guess we deserve the break. Waking up next to her each day seems surreal, feeling her warmth and the softness of her breathing is soothing and it calms the demons in me. How can someone hurt her? Why the fuck I hurt her? Never again. I like that she chose this place to purge our past and make us renew again, I love that she selected this room and leave the window open so nature and the wind could wake us up to the new sunrise. I get a second chance, I get to kiss her again and embrace her. I get to watch her on her daily work, help others and I get to see the smile it brings to her face. I get to be someone else, carefree and enjoy a “normal” life. I feel complete and it scares me, life can’t be this good.

We talked to Noah this morning before he went to school, he’s excited to come join us after he will get a break from school. We schedule a local tutor to keep him on track while we’re here.

 Edith Usually last 3 months during the year in Africa, she told me that she wishes to stay longer, I’ve talk to Mason to see how we can make that happen.

-          She’s happier when she’s here, did you noticed? - I asked him, trying to recuperate our daily talks.
-          She is sir. - He short answered and continued to revise the water pump paper work.

-          Do you think is safe for her to live here? - I insisted.

-          As safe and any part of the world, nothing is certain. What are you planning? - I caught his attention, now he’s looking at me defensively like he wants to protect and unclaimed territory.

-          I want to make her happy, I won’t hurt her again. She’s happy here. - I responded.

-          The Foundation needs her to be back in the USA, she needs to make sure her work continues otherwise she can’t be here and help the locals and that’s what she loves. Come in bearing gifts and bringing them hope. In the end she know she has to go back and get the resources. - He knew everything.

-          She has me now, we can find the resources globally and not limit ourselves in one place. We can have points of contact around the world and host the Galas and get the money, that not a problem, I want to know if establishing here is safe for us and Noah.-I was clear.

-          No, it’s not. Here not everyone wants us here. I thinks she risks too much by expending 3 months here. One month is more than enough, it doesn’t bring anyone to the crazy sense that we’re invading, and three months is pushing our luck. Christopher is not here paying bribes to the black market and they know that I won’t, that’s why I have doubled the security and have the police with us following our tails. So, no. Here is not safe.- he finished me.

-          Thank you. -  That’s what I needed to hear.

The phone rings and I felt my heart beating faster. Mason picks up the phone, I see how his eyes turn iced cold and his faces and posture changes. He drops the phone and runs outside, the voice keeps talking and I approached and listen.

-  Mr. Windstock…. can you hear me? Hello?-the female voice said.

- This is Edward Woods, Mr. Windstock had to leave...Is there anything I can help you with?- And there it was, that feeling in my spine that sent a message to my brain with one word.

-We need to speak with Mrs. Willes. Is regarding her son. - She said.

On word that was humming in my head, the only word that could shake our peace and quiet: NOAH.

-Is Noah ok? I’m his Biological father.-I was shaking.

And while she was telling me that there was an event at the school entrance and that someone had tried to take NOAH, Edith is entering the room. Desperate, crying and the sketch of her perfect smile blurred away thanks to Christopher Carpenter. At this moment, I just can’t believe this is happening. She takes the phone from me, I walk towards Mason.

-Get the plane ready in 15 mins, handle the project with the Managing team. Ensure that they are secured while we’re absent. If you need to bribe the black marker\ do it but we make sure everything is going smooth. You and Ruth will come with us, I need your friends from the FBI to brief us when we land. If that sack of worms harmed my child, I don’t know what I would be capable of doing. I need  you by our side, can you do that please?-I was begging and the tears clouded my eyes so I couldn’t see his face.

-Yes Edward, all of that is being taking care of as we speak. You need to get Edith off the phone to get her ready to leave, I already spoke to Ruth. Let’s go.

I went to Edith. She’s screaming to the lady on the phone, I need to calm her down but how can you do that? How can you calm her down when our son is in the middle of his nightmare? What did Christopher did to him? Is he safe? What would we find when we get there?

-Edith, put the phone down. We’ll go now to see Noah. - I said firmly. 

She gives Mason the phone and runs out of the room. If there was any serenity on this day is all over now. Her face changed, I feel like I lost her again. Is this really happening? I’m shaking my head, I just can’t believe it.


Edward Woods.


The Black Prince Series
TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment