Thursday, April 30, 2015

I got yelled at




-          You knew she was here? Who do you think you are? How dare you Mason??- He was hitting hard.

I stayed quiet and let him continue.

-          Why didn´t you tell me?  Answer me?

-          Edward, this is what I do. I´m responsible for your FAMILY`S security. I didn´t hide anything from you, I found out that she was here minutes before you enter my room to tell me we were coming here. I had to make sure it was her before informing you, I was shock to learn that Deborah´s appointment was with Edith´s husband.

-          Still, you lied to me. I entered your room that day and you didn’t say anything.- He was mad.

-          Yes I lied but with a good reason. Look around you, see that she managed to move on and reconstruct her life. She has a family.- I was pleading

-          We agreed to meet; I need you to find a private place so we can talk. I need you to inform her all the details and we´ll be extending our stay a week. Send Deborah home.

-          Edward, don´t do this.

-          Do as you´re told and do your job. Understood?

And for what seemed like ages, Edward Woods was treating me as an employee instead of family.


-          Yes, Sir.





I took Deborah to the airport after their dinner. She seemed hopeful after this visit; she seemed relieved that she was finally getting a chance with Edward if she would give him a child.
Poor soul, poor ignorant soul.
I gave him the keys of the house he would held his private encounter, I emailed Edith with the address. I washed my hands with what this reunion would bring because I was not going to prevent it anymore.

She arrived on time but none of them knew I was there listening

-          Good evening, Mrs. Carpenter. - Edward said.

-          Good evening.

-          Care for some wine? - He was charming her.

-          No need Sir, I´ll be quick since I have to go back to my family.- She was not  falling for his crap.

-          Fair  then, Is Noah my son? - He was straight and I was having a heart attack…what???

-          Yes.

-          Why did you keep this from me? - He was destroyed.

-          Because Senior would have destroyed him for being a bastard. - She was on point.

-          Who cares what he thinks??? I´m his dad!! He´s our son, Edith!

-          No, Edward. Christopher is his dad, you´re his birth father. Please let this go, it won´t be good for Noah. Please Edward! You promise me you would not talk to anyone about this.

-          How about what´s good for me?? Does anyone in this filthy world care about me??

-          There was a time when I did Edward but now I have to care for his wellbeing. You know what you´re dad is capable of doing.

-          Yes, I also know what you´re capable of too.

-          For Noah´s safety, you have no idea.

-          Does your husband know? - he asked.

-          He adopted Noah, he knows the dad it´s out there somewhere and he hasn´t questioned me for my past but I don´t intend to keep this from him.

I heard Edward walking and Edith stepping backwards.

-          Edith, please let me be in that boy´s life.-He was begging like he had never done before.

-          What good would that be for him? Please think!-She was sharp as I never heard her being before.
-          I will leave Deborah if you ask me to.-He was all out.

-          I will never ask you that. That poor woman doesn´t deserve it. She´s trying to give you a family while you´re here trying to destroy that chance.-she said.

-          You don´t love me anymore? - I bet he was giving her the worry eyes.

-          Yes, I do. More than you´ll ever know but I also need to protect our son…from you, from me, from us.

-          I see but I don´t understand why you won´t let me try to set things right for us. I have missed ten years of his life, are you planning to keep me from him? I don´t see this fair for me.

It sounded like their heavy breathing was slowing down and that she sat down. I was eavesdropping and I should be ashamed but I also had to keep my security status on point and now Noah Carpenter had joined that scope. I owe it to Edward and I definitely owe it to Edith.

-          Ok, stay for his birthday. - Even I was surprised by her answer.

-          Yes, when is it?

-          Tomorrow.

-          He was born on April, 5th like my mom?- Yes, may  Mrs. Gretchen rest in  peace.

-          Yes.

-          Thank you Edith. - He sounded grateful.

-          On Monday we´ll be going to Africa because he wants to accompany me to a Medical Outreach,  we´ll be gone for a month but afterward I promise to send you pictures of him and updates. Is this enough?

-          It´s more of what I can ask considering our current state. He does seem really smart and proper; you guys have done a wonderful job.

-          We´re trying but I have to get ready when he starts asking about you.- Her tone now shifted to worried.

-          Don´t worry, we´ll figurate out together and if you´ll let me, I would like to speak to Christopher about it. - He responded.

-          Ok but I need to talk to him first. He would have questions for me for sure.-

Silence. Then he talks.

-          Edith, I don´t care that you would slap me.

There was struggle at the beginning for a while, then silence  again and then a very strong slap.
-          You will not do that ever again, do you hear me? - She was furious.

-          Ok, I will wait for you to ask me to do it the next time.

-          Dream on Woods!!

I heard the footsteps and a slamming door following her. That woman was definitely Edward Woods Kryptonite.




Mason, the watcher.



TO BE CONTINUE


No comments:

Post a Comment