Tuesday, April 28, 2015

When expecting longer than expected.







I´m so excited about this trip.

At the beginning of our marriage I wasn´t sure I wanted kids even when Senior was really pushing for grand children. I knew from the beginning that this was an arranged marriage and due to Edward´s fame I needed to stay clear on what to expect of this but in the past 5 years I began to feel lonely. 

I realized that all of my goals were accomplished and my internal clock was claiming for life to grow inside me. I was detached, I was raised to be. That´s the England way to live and to strive in society but more than ever I want to have a child. We´ve visited all specialized doctor´s in the United Kingdom and the results are inconclusive to who has the problem but I really know is me.

I finally found a true friend I can trust and submit myself to all treatments possible. I can feel that this trip would be bringing us hope. Edward has being a decent husband so far and I know he wants Senior of our back with the heir thing, in every supper we share with the family he has to bring out the fact that we haven´t got pregnant.

                -Son, you and your wife aren´t getting any younger and I wish to meet my grand children before I die. What are you waiting for?-  The old man said.

Every Thanksgiving, every birthday, every father´s day, every mother´s day, every family reunion, every family trip, EVERY CHANCE he gets I´m reminded of this. One can get tired, one can get consumed, and one can slowly wish to vanish.

When I found out that CC was specialized in fertility I had to call and schedule a visit. We went to boarding school together, yes ´cuz it´s normal that rich parents across the world refuse responsible parenting and they pay for it instead. CC was one of my closest friends in high school but we lost contact through the years since we both involved ourselves in marriage and since we originally lived in different countries we got lost in culture but talking again was like old times.

-          I know it´s being a while CC but I need your opinion in my case.- I was almost crying.

-          Of course Debbie, anything that you need! I can clear my Agenda for you at anytime, when would you come to the USA so we can do the first check up and catch up?

-          My husband will travel there in 2 weeks, I can join him and we can both meet you at your office.-I said.

-          Excellent, don´t worry Debbie I will do my best to help you . Can you please bring all the tests, any treatments recommendations you´ve receive and both family histories? - He asked.
-          Absolutely, thank you so much CC.- I was really thankful;

So here we are. Edward is finishing his airport meeting and then we´re off to downtown Hartford, Connecticut.




Deborah Langley-Woods



TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment