Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The unveiling truth.


Powerful people don´t have a heart.

They´re obsessed with money, society status and empty gatherings where they can brag about their bank accounts and shallow lives.

I never thought that I would be in the middle of such turbulent twister, even when I grew up in this life I never felt better than anyone and even after adulthood, helping others have been more fulfilling than all the society crap.

Now, here I am. In love with a Black Prince, with a married Black Prince, having his father threaten me and my mom´s life. As I see him twitching her neck I blink to understand this picture. Can I put myself to this circus for love? Can I put her life in danger for my infatuation? Can I watch the only family I have left suffer for my selfish ways only because I love Edward?

The answer is NO.

So I patiently ask this Power-Obsessed Man to let my mother go and I agree to leave and I look intently in his eyes while I do so:

-You don´t have to sweat any more Mr. Woods, I will leave. - I said calmed.

-Good. We have an understanding. How much do you want? - He´s cynic.

-No Sir, we have no understanding. I will not accept a penny from you, I´m not for sale. The only reason I´m walking away is because I love your son and I love my family; I wouldn´t want to stay and see what you’re truly capable of doing for power and whatever empty soul that´s driving your life. Know this. Your son loves me and I him, me leaving will solve your immediate problems but your future is already cursed by your own doing. I wish I could stay to witness your decadency but I prefer to save myself the trouble. Good day Mr. Woods, you can leave my house now and don´t worry I’ll leave tomorrow morning.

He looks at me with hate and disdain. He tries to reply but THE WATCHER taps his shoulders so they can go. He stands up from the chair and sets his course to the door but stops and turn to look at me from head to toe, before he can say it I interrupt him:

-Yes, you´re better than everyone else and this common girl doesn´t meet your standards but Sir I honestly don´t give a rat’s ass what you think of me. Leave.

The watcher and him stare back in disbelieve and left speechless.

I go upstairs to find my crying mother in the floor of her room. Devastated.

-Mom, I´m sorry! You were right and I’m sorry I didn’t listened but I want us to go away from here. - I hug her.

She doesn´t stop crying.

-Mom, please talk to me- I begged.

She tries to calm down and after a while she answers.

-          I can´t believe he did that to you, use me to get his way. There was a time when that man would have done anything for me.

What?? But I stay quiet.

-          Before your father and I were together, Allan Woods and I were friends in school. That friendship turned to be love but as expected his mother opposed and forced him to married someone else. I was offered money to leave but didn´t take it, instead I went to college away from here. I met your dad there and my heart began to heal. Allan kept writing to me as friends but when he found out that I was to be married the letters stopped and we were separated for good until now.

-          Mom why you didn´t tell me? Why did you stay in this house so close to him?

-          That´s ancient history and we both moved on with our spouses but what he did today was out of rage and I can´t believe I ever loved that man. - she finished.

-          We loved the wrong one didn´t we?-I was shocked. Allan Wood could have been my father. The world is a strange place.

She agreed with her head covered between her hands and knees.

I made several calls and bought the plane tickets, I was taking my mom away from here. We packed our things and covered the house with white linens because we weren´t planning to come back. I cried myself to sleep, I had to face Edward tomorrow and telling him I had to leave would be hard.

The morning arrived too soon for me and we were putting the bags close to the door, I wanted to disappear before he would come to the guest house but I was too late. I spit a lie and after the heat of the moment he actually believed it. He left and  I hurried to the car and loaded our things in the trunk.

-Mom let’s go! Hurry!!!

When I was inside the car I saw him returning to the house and running to catch up. All the tears in the world couldn´t make me feel better. We finished our story arguing.

Good bye Edward Woods, I love you.


Edith.



TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment