Friday, April 24, 2015

Lost and found



I have watched him over the past 10 years after Edith´s magical disappearance act, desperately searching for her and not finding anything. It´s like she vanished, earth was her graveyard and Edward didn´t have a chance to grieve. 

He involved himself in the family business and that was his life, our daily talks have decreased into weekly or once a month gatherings where we keep silence most of the time. I know he blames me for her departure. I didn´t see senior walking in the lawn while Edward was going to the famous guest house. That was my mistake and what happened next, the disaster, was indeed my fault. So, I don´t try to excuse myself but I do keep searching for her in order to vindicate my mistake. I know that her life was to serve countries in need  around the world but I also know that she´s smart and she would know where I would look. She intended to vanish so in the last three years my scope has enlarged. By now, she must have a new last name and kids of her own. She left this side of the world to reborn away from this tragedy. 

Then it hits me. 

She is not in this side of the world so where would someone like her go to still have a piece of this world, do her work , change her name and start from ZERO?  

Damn, I’m getting old and slow. Edith is a genius. I know where she is.

I open my computer.

-          Let´s Google: Famous ONG foundations in USA.

Jesus! Almost two thousand of them but which ones are focused in world hunger and medical outreach. Bingo! Only two hundred.

-          Ok, Edith where are you hiding?

Then, like a light bulb that begins to feel the energy and explodes in the brightest light I enter a website of the Foundation, just to discover that the CEO and founder is an prominent  American blonde that is involve with all the visits to AFRICA, she is a family practitioner doctor who has a ten year old son named Noah Carpenter.  Noah, his father Christopher and Edith CARPENTER live in Connecticut.

Oh shit. She really did it! Camouflage herself into a CEO-Housewife of Connecticut.

-          Whoa.

And my huge surprised face gets interrupted by  an unexpected visitor.

-          What´s so surprising, Mason? - He´s at the door.

I close the computer.

-          Nothing Edward, just doing some research and found myself surprised just when I thought I’ve seen it all.

-          Ok, can you prep your luggage, we´re traveling tonight to the US, I have an early business meeting at JFK airport and then we´ll accompany Deborah to Connecticut to visit a one of her friends. She would try to visit a fertility clinic for a second opinion as usual so be prepare.

-          Connecticut?- I just can´t help asking.

-          Yes, why is there a problem?

-          No, sir.

-          Ok, see you  at 5:00 pm in the car

Sure as hell there are above forces driving this man close to this woman, no matter how good she´s at hiding. I open my computer and I see her picture. Edith Willes I mean Carpenter, slim, sophisticated, green eyes. Like being Thirty five it´s the new twenties. Edward would have a stroke if he finds out this; I need to find her first.

I make several calls to my  Interpol  agents and some old friend in the CIA, in less than five minutes I have her home address, phones and email. While the Woods make their visits I will make a visit of my own.



Mason, the Watcher.


TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment