Monday, April 27, 2015

Growing pains, pains that grow


Noah grows an inch every day and I feel like he´s slipping away of my fingers. Mom has helped me a lot, especially when I need to travel for the medical outreach with the foundation but I promised him that for his 11th birthday I would take him with me and we would do a Safari together. Christopher is trying to clear his agenda for that day so hopefully we´ll go together.

Yes, I´m married and I have one child and frankly this change of life really helped me heal and focus in what really matters. I met Christopher in one of my trips to Africa, he was one of the OBGYN surgeons assigned to my unit and we began to get along quiet fine. It was my first trip after a year in New York with my mom and meeting him was my salvation. Literally. We´ve being together since and our lives have been flourishing. We started a non lucrative foundation designated to help moms and kids with AIDS in Africa, providing education, contraception, food and healthy water supplies. We were blessed with giving friends and the mouth to mouth publicity that I’m thankful for but it worries me. If Mason decides to sniff around he would easily find and things will get complicated.

Two years ago Christopher decided to fly solo and opened a fertility clinic in downtown Hartford while we live a quiet life in Glastonbury where Noah can try to have a normal life. This clinic has helped lots of Mothers and Dads find their ultimate dream of being parents and this brings Chris such joy and comfort. I´m glad that I can support him in this.

-Honey, can you please pick up Noah early? I would see an old friend and her husband for dinner after I do a check up on her at the clinic. We can meet there and go to Mario´s afterwards; I want her to meet Noah. Is this ok? - He´s so sweet.

-Yes, darling. Do you want me to make the reservation? - I asked.

-No need, I´ll ask Andrea to do it. You just have to look beautiful. - He kisses me in the forehead and hugs Noah on his way out, I’m very lucky.

The morning goes by slowly and when I finished my daily jog and return to the house I find Mason waiting in the entrance. I asked Ruben to let him in and I feel like half of my body just died. I hop on the van´s front sit and he sits in the back, Ruben leaves us in the porch and I ask him to sit.
-          How on earth did you find me?- I’m nervous

-          I must say that it was really hard but with patience not impossible.- He smiles .

-          What do you want?

-          Nothing, I just had to see it with my own eyes that´s all. Edward doesn´t know that I found you and I wanted to ask you if you want to keep it that way.-He was serious.

-          Yes, I do.-I was straight forward.

-          Impressive, you´ve moved on. I wish I could say the same for our dear friend. Ok, then. I shall not keep you. We´re here until tomorrow and I will love to visit around. Hope all is well with you Mrs. Willes... sorry, I mean Mrs. Carpenter.

We? He ´s here with Edward?? Oh no!! Tumor alert!!!!

-          Thank you for being concerned for my well being Mr. Schmitt, have a good day and may you find Hartford interesting.-I was polite.

-          Oh, what I have seen so far proves your point exactly. Good Day.


Ruben takes him back to the entrance and just like a heartbeat; my soul feels life is turning upside down.


Edith Carpenter.


TO BE CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment